Welcome to The Smith's Place, established 2004. Our home is filling up! Since our family has a new member, and it's not just Jim and me and the cats anymore, we thought friends and family from afar could catch up on the to-do's of our growing family. Hope you enjoy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

And.... we're standing

Didn't I JUST write about how Ava was crawling? Well, it didn't take long for her to pull herself up. Now just today I caught her trying to step from the couch to the ottoman (about a half step away). It will be mere days before we are changing our lives all over again. It would have been GREAT if someone could have clued us in on how fast everything goes. Seriously- she'll be nine months old in a week and a half. I have to start thinking about the big bash- the big oh-one. Ugh.
At her nine month check up her stats were as follows- head: 16.5 inches around length: 27.75 inches tall weight: 17 pounds and 12.5 ounces!!!

We went to Kiddie Kandids (Babies R Us) for some professional pictures. They are super duper cute, but there isn't a way out of there without spending some cash, and not everyone got a picture this time. I really like the less formal ones that I've taken and given out (and a heck of a lot cheaper). We are going to go back to the first picture lady that April refered me to for her one year pictures and our family Christmas picture. Yes, we WILL be one of those family picture Christmas cards you get in the mail this year. HAHA. We turned into one of those people!!!

I go back to work next week (no kids but a week of reorganizing my room and boring meetings). I am thinking of just not showing up and seeing how long they continue to pay me. I am in denial again, I just want to stay home and play with Ava. She is seriously so much fun. What else is new? Oh, she is kind of waving bye-bye... minus the wave. More like a hail Hitler, but I count it! She has been saying mama, but only when she is whiny and hungry. She has said dada, but indiscriminately (holla for the $5 word), she says hi sometimes when you say it first.... so I guess she mostly mimics words. When the cats are meandering around, which is all the time, we say kitty over and over again. So when she sees the cats or Lucy, or Mellie (Compau), she makes the "k" sound at the animal. It's really funny. She is signing more all the time, and she signs for milk too. She is addicted to baths- she thinks everytime she makes it down to the bathroom that she gets to take a bath.

All in all, it has been the best summer of my life. But now it is over :(. And now that the HOTTEST summer ever is over, we are getting central air. Yeah, I'll give you $20 if you can figure that one out.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Ava, Ignore your mother when she says 'holla'........

Uncle Jimmy

Anonymous said...

She is getting SO big!! I can't believe I haven't seen her yet. I can't WAIT to see her on the 22nd!!!