Welcome to The Smith's Place, established 2004. Our home is filling up! Since our family has a new member, and it's not just Jim and me and the cats anymore, we thought friends and family from afar could catch up on the to-do's of our growing family. Hope you enjoy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 21, 2007

6 months (and a half)




I am done teaching for the summer, my graduate class has ended and I can now breath for the summer. Jim has finished the basement and we have a cool place to hang out when the heat gets to be too much, which earlier this week it was.

Ava is now a half year old! We had a doctor appointment on the 2nd of June where she was to get her first immunization. I got all worked up about it and decided to not make my mom go with me (Jim had to work), to be strong and go it alone. I arrived, waited, got into the room and was asked what Ava was being seen for and lo and behold, they did not have the immunization in that day. I was so livid and inraged. I had specifically made the appointment to get the shot and TOLD the receptionist this, but there was a miscommunication. So when I pulled into my mom's driveway with tears streaming down my face, my mom instantly thought I was traumatized. Ugh. So I rescheduled, asked this time if they had it in (who knew you had to do that) and then asked for the specific brand and such so I could Google it (I have no idea what I was looking for, but it made me feel better). So we went on Tuesday and I was so anxious. A girl I went to school with is actually a nurse there and she got to give Ava her shot (go Stacy!). So.... yeah, she didn't even flinch. All that, and not a flinch. Which I am thrilled about because I agonized over it. Now I'll know she's a trooper (and Mom's a big wussy). So the big weigh in was 16 pounds, 1.5 ounces and 26.5 inches. We call her McChubs.

So I am sure you have all heard or experienced what a wonderful, beautiful, perfect and angel Ava is. Well, just so you all don't hate me, she has started to cry. Yeah, I said it, cry. I know! She had a tooth break through on the 7th, and then another one on the 12th (Happy 87th Grandpa!). I am waiting to get bitten, but it hasn't happened yet and I anticipate it at every feeding. Which, by they way is going great, but is happening less often because she is totally into solid food. Well, pureed in her case, but she LOVES everything but oatmeal. I pureed up some chicken, peas and carrots and she gobbles them right up. She is also learning how to use a sippy cup.

Ava had her first swing ride last week at the park down the road. It's like a daily ritual now... Jim comes home and after dinner we put her in the stroller and walk down the street and put her in the swing. She loves it. She is almost scooting. She propels her body into a teepee, which takes so much energy, and when she is doing it, she looks like she'll move herself pretty far, but she only moves a mere inch or so. It's pretty funny to watch. Today she got herself forward pretty well. The mobility factor is bittersweet for us. It's going to be so cool that she'll be more independent and can move... but that's the bitter part.

Next week we leave for our camping trip with the Chapas. I cannot wait!


Happy first Father's Day to Jim! Here is a picture of Ava and her cousin Sophia (10 weeks older). SO CUTE!

No comments: