Welcome to The Smith's Place, established 2004. Our home is filling up! Since our family has a new member, and it's not just Jim and me and the cats anymore, we thought friends and family from afar could catch up on the to-do's of our growing family. Hope you enjoy!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 9, 2007

10 Weeks

Ava had her 2 month check up on Monday and she is now 10 pounds, 11 ounces and 22.5 inches long. Her cheeks are getting so chubby, her face looks smaller and smaller! She is really filling out her clothes and is finally starting to fit into her 0-3 month outfits. I bought a ladybug outfit for her and her cousin Sophia for their pictures in March and I am afraid Ava's may not fit her then! She is smiling a lot and has figured out how to kick her feet and flail her arms.
We spent SuperBowl Sunday at Jim's parents. It was really fun- Kim, Randy, Nick and Sophia were there and so were the Compau's. It was very loud and fun to watch all the kids! April and I went to a baby store in Birmingham on Tuesday to get these cute cute cute socks that look like socks with Maryjane shoes. We loaded up my Envoy and headed down in the small window we had between Ava nursing and Ryder's lunch, plus is was a super frigid cold day (I think it was 9 degrees). When we were loading the car, April looked at me and said, we would NOT be doing THIS 2 years ago... funny how fast your life changes. April is expecting a little girl in May and we were wondering if 3 car seat will fit in the backseat. Guess we'll find out! Now I see the point of Minivans. No, I will not be getting one. That evening, Ryder kept wanting to kiss Ava, so I had him hold her and he was so sweet. We hurried and snapped a picture. It'll be a great one to blow up at their wedding. :)
Ava went to daycare on Monday for a half a day while Jim and I practiced getting ready in the morning. It went pretty good. I kept myself really busy for those 4 hours. It was harder for Jim because he had to take and leave her. The best part of the daycare situation is that it's April's mom who watches kids from her home, so I'm sure it's a lot harder for people who have to leave their babies with people they don't know. Ava will be spending the days with her best buds (the Compau kids) so it'll probably be her favorite place.

1 comment:

The Kirkwood Family said...

She is still as adorable as ever! I can't wait to finally meet her in March. You better bring her to the shower. And Ryder - holy cow does he look like Rob! He is so big now!

I can't believe it is almost time for you to go back to the real world, that went SO fast!
Love,
dee